T Levels – What are they and why get involved?
T Levels are the new alternative to A Levels. Learning time will be split 80% classroom: 20% hands on with an employer. It’s well worth taking a closer look.
What T Levels are available?
T Levels are available in:
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Business and administration
- Catering and hospitality
- Creative and design
- Digital and IT
- Education and childcare
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Hair and beauty
- Health and science
- Legal, finance and accounting
Why should I get involved?
Giving work opportunities to young people can be hugely rewarding. As well as helping young people from diverse backgrounds join your industry, you may find some real talent.
You will also:
- Help your managers develop their mentoring skills.
- Gain fresh ideas for your business.
- Build partnerships with local training providers.
T Levels Placement
T Levels take place over 2 years and are equivalent to 3 A Levels. Placements last for a minimum of 315 hours (c 45 days). This can be longer – depending on the subject.
Placements can be offered in a variety of ways, depending on what works best for you. You may prefer a block, a series of blocks, day release or a mix.
This is different to an apprenticeships. There around 80% of the time is spent in a work placement. Work experience placements are usually shorter and more basic.
To be able to offer a placement, you need:
- A safe work environment
- Opportunities for the student to develop their technical skills
- A line manager to support, supervise and mentor
- To provide formal feedback against agreed learning goals.
- You are not required to pay the student. You may choose to do so or contribute towards their expenses.
- You will need to notify your insurer.
Learning goals are agreed with the training provider before the placement begins. They can also help you with any upfront costs, such as for providing PPE.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to get involved with this scheme, please contact NAS on 08000 150 600 or email email@example.comCategories Uncategorized