Can HR problems drive you insane?
Einstein’s defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. As we reach the end of 2014, are you facing the same HR problems as you did 12 months ago?
Are you insane?
In other words, are you doing the same things and expecting different results? Look back over 2014 and ask yourself the following questions:
- What HR problems did you face that you could have been better prepared for?
- What HR problems do you face year after year?
- What can you learn from the issues you have faced?
- How were your sickness records for the year?
- What did these HR problems really cost you? I mean, really cost you?
- How can you stop these HR problems happening again?
- What is stopping you from making changes?
Full steam ahead
Now start thinking about what you need to do differently:
- Do you need to change the way you do things?
- What have you been crossing your fingers with and hoping will change?
- How are you going to make sure it changes?
- Are you getting the most out of your staff?
- What challenges do you know lie ahead?
- Are you prepared for them?
- What should you tell people to expect for the year ahead?
- What would happen if you lost key people?
- What processes can you make easier?
- What more could you do with the time you save on dealing with HR problems?
- What would you look back on in 12 months’ time and call a success?
Talk it through
Talking through what you need to achieve with someone outside the business can be hugely useful. A fresh pair of eyes can help you see different options. If you would like to end 2015 by asking “why didn’t I do that earlier”, please contact us today. We’ll be happy to help you to start doing things differently and achieving better results.
Categories Communication, Staff Performance, Uncategorized